We are waiting for your candidature till 06/03/2022.
Before applying for this volunteering project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number!
Check our previous volunteers opinions and relations!
1. Activities for children:
– leading music workshops, creative, developing imagination, manual skills, etc.,
– integrating,ice-breaking, energizer games with children,
– a summer camp and summer action during holidays: encouraging children and young people from Wola and the commune of Miedźna to spend their free time during active and outdoor holidays; preparing and conducting games and games for children and youth, conducting artistic and outdoor sports workshops, “DIY” with natural materials, dance, theater, painting and sculpting workshops, etc. Everything depands on your skills and willingnes.
– winter holidays: theater, creative and dance workshops; board games day; supporting carers during trips outside the area of a cultural center (eg a trip to the cinema);
– language classes, both English and native language of volunteer;
2. Activities for young people:
-organization of workshops or competitions on various topics (European citizenship, multiculturalism and others);
– language classes, both English and native language of the volunteer;
– creating running a volunteering/entrepreneurship point – an information desk where young people will be able to learn about the Erasmus + and European Solidarity Corps Programmes, the Voluntary Projects, but also other possibilities financed from EU funds (eg internships or trainings) as well as gain there the skills and knowlagde necessary to future work.
– photographic, dance and music workshops, etc.
-watching the movies with important topics for contemporary adolescent youth combined with a lecture and discussion after the screening.
3. Activities for seniors – elderly people
– a day of board games;
– language classes for seniors;
– IT activities for seniors;
– space / organization of meetings involving the exchange of skills between youth and seniors (something like the time bank) – activation of youth and seniors;
– help in organizing Christmas Eve or Easter for lonely, ill inhabitants of Wola and the surrounding area;
4. Help in organizing or authoring ideas for special events, cultural events
– help in organizing cultural events such as Harvest Festival, Folklore Festival, Review of Children’s and Youth Theaters, Silesian Evening, etc.
-Help to organize a meeting with Santa Claus or Saint Marcin for children during Christmas and looking for a bunny before Easter;
– Possibility to organize your own special event according to the original idea in order to enrich the offer of the Culture Center
5. Help in office work, e.g.
– archiving the archive;
– project management and documentation;
– updating the GOK website, INSTAGRAM;
– visual documentation of projects and events: photography, film, music videos, etc.
6. Promotion of the European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus + Programmes
– information meetings about the Erasmus +, European Solidarity Corps Programmes and volunteering projects, in the House of Culture and in schools, during special and cyclical events (eg harvest festival)
– presentation of your country and your project in schools, promotional campaigns and at festivals in the region or on special cultural evenings;
** In case when face to face meetings are impossible to organize beacuse of COVID-19, implementation of those activities and tasks in an online way or in a video version.
We can offer:
– learning methods of work in cultural center;
– experience and interesting contacts
– experience in organizing large cultural events
– learning and using innovative and creative methods in working with children and young people
– possibility of developing own ideas for the workshops and their independent implementation
– knowledge of Silesia in the context of culture and customs, as well as knowledge about cultural differences and the ability to deal with them in everyday life
– active and constructive participation in the social life of our local community
– project management skills and time
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- accommodation for each participant in a flat shared by two people of the same sex. The flat includes a kitchen, a bathroom and two rooms. Everything needed can be found in each flat.
- An amount of 100 EUR/1 month for food
- An amount of 120 EUR/1 month of pocket money
1 young person in age 18-30 years old. The project participant should be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.
We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad.The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:
– Keen interest in the contents of the project;
– Real motivation for the experience;
– Willingness to live and work in a small town – the awareness that activities will take place in the countryside, not in a big city, so the specifics will also be different;
– interest in working with children, youth and the elderly, because these are the target groups for which the Center of Culture and the FRSP organize various events or workshops;
– interest in the entrepreneurship activities implementation
– openess to travel because, as part of activities at FRSP, volunteer will carry out activities also in our partner institutions locations in Silesia region;
– willingness to learn about Silesian and Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people – the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity – we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in culture and in NGOs is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form (Application-form_GOK_2022) not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the European Solidarity Corps Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English, with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.