MOK is a cultural center where the volunteering project Empowering regions through volunteering 2 will take place. The project is financed by European Commision under European Solidarity Corps Progarmme.
We are waiting for your candidature till 14/11/2021.
Before applying for this volunteering project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number (PRN)!
If you want to know more how our current project looks like you can follow the volunteers BLOG: Volunteers in FRSP or follow FB fanpage.
You can check your hosting organisation, MOK, youtube chanel to get to know how many super things they do!
Unfurtunatelly right now everything is in Polish language, BUT… YOU WILL CHANGE IT!
You will be our first hosted volunteers in MOK, but you may check what other volunteers coordinated by us do in their cultural projects:
MOK is a territorial unit of culture, operating in the city of Myslowice. We have 7 operating branches in individual districts of the city, in which the statutory activities are carried out. These branches are subordinated
under the headquarters located in the center of Mysłowice. In our institution you can find a wide range of permanent activities – about 100 different proposals, which aim to propagation of one, timeless idea: creative and active spending of free time. A wide range of of cultural events – concerts, theater performances, film screenings, meetings with interesting personalities – reaches the inhabitants of the reaches out to inhabitants of the whole Silesian province.
1. Help in organizing or authoring ideas for special events, cultural events
– help in organizing levents such as National Recitation Contest, Family Cinema with O!PLA, Forum of Culture Animators of the Forum of Animators of Culture of the Silesian Voivodeship “Open-closed – forum for creative circles”, “Space Opera”, Theatrical Sunday, Family Cinema, Blues Autumn, AlterFest – alternative music festival and many others
– Help to organize a meeting with Santa Claus or Saint Marcin for children during Christmas and looking for a bunny before Easter;
– Possibility to organize your own special event according to the original idea in order to enrich the offer of the Culture Center
2. Activities in MOK branches
The MOK Branches Department deals with work in The Branches Department is responsible for the work of the branches in the area, where permanent activities for all age groups take place. Volunteers get acquainted with the work in particular branches, located in 7 city districts. The activities will be directed to kids, youngsters and adults.
a) Activities for children:
– leading music workshops, creative, developing imagination, manual skills, etc.,
– integrating,ice-breaking, energizer games with children,
– dance classes (jazz, modern gymnastic dance, ballet etc)
– a summer camp and summer action during holidays: encouraging children and young people from Mysłowice city center and city districts to spend their free time during active and outdoor holidays; preparing and conducting games and games for children and youth, conducting artistic and outdoor sports workshops, “DIY” with natural materials, dance, theater, painting and sculpting workshops, etc. Everything depands on your skills and willingnes.
– winter holidays: theater, creative and dance workshops; board games day; supporting carers during trips outside the area of a cultural center (eg a trip to the cinema);
– language classes, both English and native language of volunteer;
and many more.
b) Activities for young people:
-organization of workshops or competitions on various topics (European citizenship, multiculturalism and others);
– language classes, both English and native language of the volunteer;
– photographic workshops (visualia- film-photo-graphics workshops, screen printing – workshops
– dance and sport activities (zumba, joga, flamenco, ballroom dancing etc.)
– music workshops (drums, guitar, musical workshops etc.)
-watching the movies with important topics for contemporary adolescent youth combined with a lecture and discussion after the screening.
and many more.
c) Activities for adults and seniors – elderly people
– a day of board games;
– chess games;
– language classes for seniors;
– IT activities for seniors – not only computer classes but also new technologies such as smart phones or social-media, e-banking, etc.;
– space / organization of meetings involving the exchange of skills between youth and seniors (something like the time bank) – activation of youth and seniors;
– help in organizing Christmas Eve or Easter for lonely, ill inhabitants of Mysłowice and the surrounding area;
– culinary workshops – tastes of the world
– introducing senior citizens to the idea of voluntary work and neighbourhood self-help
and many more
3. “We are all Europeans”
A series of meetings for which volunteers will be responsible. It aims to build tolerance, openness to other nations. Possible formulas are e.g. a living library, to which representatives of other nations living in Mysłowice or other cities of the metropolis will be invited, or a cycle of cultural workshops presenting the richness of cultures and traditions of various European countries. The idea and implementation depends on the volunteers.
4. Help in office work, e.g.
– archiving the archive;
– project management and documentation;
– updating the MOK website and social media (FB and INSTAGRAM)
– visual documentation of projects and events: photography, film, music videos, etc.
5. Promotion of the European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus + Programmes
– information meetings about the Erasmus +, European Solidarity Corps Programmes and volunteering projects, in the House of Culture and in schools, during special and cyclical events;
– presentation of your country and your project in schools, promotional campaigns and at festivals in the region or on special cultural evenings;
** In case when face to face meetings are impossible to organize beacuse of COVID-19, implementation of those activities and tasks in an online way or in a video version.
We can offer:
– learning methods of work in cultural center;
– experience and interesting contacts
– experience in organizing large cultural events
– learning and using innovative and creative methods in working with children and young people
– possibility of developing own ideas for the workshops and their independent implementation
– knowledge of Silesia in the context of culture and customs, as well as knowledge about cultural differences and the ability to deal with them in everyday life
– active and constructive participation in the social life of our local community
– project management skills and time
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- accommodation for each participant in a flat shared by two or three people of the same sex. The flat includes a kitchen, a bathroom and three rooms. Everything needed can be found in each flat.
- An amount of 100 EUR/1 month for food
- An amount of 120 EUR/1 month of pocket money
2 young people in age 18-30 years old. The project participant should be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.
We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad.The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:
– Keen interest in the contents of the project;
– Real motivation for the experience;
– interest in working with children, youth and the adults/elderly, because these are the target groups for which the Center of Culture and the FRSP organize various events or workshops;
– interest in the cultural activities implementation;
– openess to travel because, as part of activities at FRSP, volunteer will carry out activities also in our partner institutions locations in Silesia region;
– willingness to learn about Silesian and Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people – the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity – we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in culture and in NGOs is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form (Application-form_FRSP_MOK) not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the European Solidarity Corps Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English, with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.