„Cross-cultural education in Silesia” is a common project of Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego and Complex of Silesian International Schools. We are looking for 3 volunteers coming from Spain, Germany, and Great Britain. The project will take place in Katowice, Poland.
Applications (CV and motivation letter in English) shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject: Cross-cultural education in Silesia.
Place: Katowice, Poland
Coordinating Organisation: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Hosting Organisation: Complex of Silesian International Schools
Duration: 11 months
Dates: 19/08/2019 – 05/07/2020
APPLY FOR THE PROJECT AND CHOOSE YOUR ACTIVITIES IN COMPLEX OF SILESIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS!
Complex of Silesian International Schools offers education on the highest world level. It is the only school in Silesia that delivers a full range of programmes, from the early childhood education to baccalaureate, in accordance with two prestigious, worldwide programmes: Cambridge International Examinations Programme and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The school was awarded in 2007 an International Center status by University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) that is the world’s largest provider of international education in 150 countries and recognized across the world. The education of the ‘whole person’ is of a special significance in the school. Students are taught how to learn, how to analyse and how to reach conclusions about people all over the world. On the other hand, academic training provides them with the values and opportunities that will enable them to succeed in the competitive world.
Foundation of Entrepreneurial Society Development is an organisation that cooperates with local volunteers and support them in all activities that are offered them in the foundation. We want to give them a possibility to achieve new competencies by taking part in projects abroad. The main aim is to help the youngsters to enter the labour market without any difficulties. Apart from that, FRSP offers consulting in terms of acquiring finances for NGOs, self-government and companies.
- Running Spanish / English / German speaking clubs for students
- Running European Solidarity Club (discussing European values, European solidarity, presenting Erasmus+ possibilities for youth, supporting in entering „Erasmus+ world” etc.)
- Entrepreneurial Society Club (presenting career possibilities in Europe, running workshops concerning entering the labour market)
- Running extra classes for children e.g. graphics, photography, film-making, music, cooking, sports, board games, supporting in homework (it is up to volunteer’s skills)
- Collaborating with the Student Council
- Organising international events for students and their families
- Running activities and playing games with children in kindergarten
- Writing applications and organising international youth projects for students
- Orgnising and taking part in excursions for students
- Running training courses for students
- Running presentations concerning Erasmus+ in other schools in Katowice
- Polish language classes
- Taking part in training courses offered by the school’s teachers
People coming from Germany, Spain, and Great Britain. The volunteer shall be aged 18-30. He / she needs to be active, flexible, motivated, creative, and to be interested in active participation and non-formal education. The volunteer shall be willing to work with children and youngsters, and also to learn Polish language and its culture and traditions.
- travel expenses – 360,00 EUR for Spanish and British volunteers and 275,00 EUR for German volunteer
- accommodation – The volunteers will be accommodated in a shared flat in Katowice. Each of the volunteers has his/her own room. The flat consists of 3 rooms, kitchen, and bathroom. It is fully equipped.
- food – 100,00 EUR / month
- pocket money – 120 EUR / month
- public transport tickets – in the city
- Polish language course – 2 hours/week
- help of local mentor and project’s coordinators
Step 1 – sending CV-EuroPass (candidate’s picture attached) and motivational letter (both in English) to email@example.com
Step 2 – Skype conversation with project’s coordinators (FRSP and CSIS)
Step 3 – Final results sent by email