Volunteering – step to the future! is a common project of Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego and Zabytkowa Kopalnia Ignacy in Rybnik.
We are looking for volunteers coming from the EU countries or partner countries of the EU. The project will take place in Rybnik – a city located in the south of Poland (Silesia region).
Applications – CV in English and APPLICATION-FORM_Rybnik_ESC shall be sent to Magdalena Franke, project coordinator.
e-mail adres: firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail title: “Volunteering – step to the future in Rybnik”
Before applying for this ESC position, you are obligated to enroll on the European Solidarity Corps Platform and send us in the email your PRN number.
Link to the offer on European Youth Portal: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/35285_en
deadline: 11 September 2023
By impelenting the project, we want to:
- contribute to overcoming language barriers among the inhabitants of Rybnik and its surroundings
- contribute to increasing the openness of the inhabitants of Rybnik to new, foreign and unknown ones
- show that the EU funds will also reach local communities and not only large agglomerations
- provide an opportunity to meet and talk to representatives of other countries and cultures of our local community
- strengthen intercultural communication skills
- increase local participation in community and civic life, develop a sense of initiative
- create interesting offers of activities for the local community
We are looking for VOLUNTEER AT ZABYTKOWA KOPALNIA IGNACY W RYBNIKU
Hosting Organisation: Zabytkowa Kopalnia IGNACY w Rybniku
Supporting Organisation: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Preferable start of activity: November 2023 – May 2024
Total duration: 184 days
Vacancies: 1 volunteer
PROJECT ACTIVITIES at Zabytkowa Kopalnia Ignacy
- Teaching languages (native or English) to the local inhabitants
- Organising cultural events, e.g. Industrial Culture Day
- Organising events and workshops e.g. international evenings, cooking workshops etc.
- Promotional activities of the European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus Plus programmes (running presentations and workshops for youth)
- Conducting classes and workshops in schools about the host organization – Zabytkowa Kopalnia Ignacy
- Helping the organisation with some office duties (e.g. writing emails in English, preparation of graphics or posters)
Moreover, in the continuation of this project, we would like to extend the volunteer’s activities to include
– assistance in promoting institution in social media
– help to develop and run social media channels of the facility
– help with creating computer graphics
– creation of short promotional videos of activities undertaken in the facility via camera or mobile applications
– describe or record their activities under the ESC programe in the form of a blog or a video blog on website
– the real motivation for the experience
– age between 18-30 y.o.
– willingness to live and work in Rybnik
– interest in working with children and youth but also with seniors
– high interest in culture
– willingness to teach and learn foreign languages
– willingness to learn about Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture
– high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people
– initiative and creativity
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory
- 120 euro/month of pocket money
- 100 euro/month of food money
- living in a single room in a fully furnished shared flat (close to the hosting organisation, kitchen, bathroom, 3 rooms)
- monthly public transport ticket
- travel expenses from home to the hosting country (travel grant depending on the distance between countries)
- local mentor
- insurance (EHIC and Henner)
- Polish language course (online platform EU Academy)
A FEW WORDS ABOUT RYBNIK
Rybnik is a city in southwestern Poland, in the Silesian Voivodeship. Rybnik grew as an important centre of coal mining and the seat of the surrounding county in the 19th century. Under Poland’s communist rule from 1945-1989 the city was projected to grow as a main mining centre of southern Poland. The Rybnik area with its large coal mines and power plants is an important economic region of Poland, and a notable center of music, home of the Szafrankowie Brothers State School of Music. It is also the center of the region’s cultural life, the seat of many music festivals and more, the theater of the Rybnik region is also well known.
See testimonials from volunteers who have already participated by clicking on the image below, or visit the blog of our FRSP volunteers and read their articles: