OPPORTUNITIES AHEAD IN RYBNIK!
New hosting project of Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury w Rybniku.
We are looking for volunteers coming from the EU countries or partner countries of the EU. The project will take place in Rybnik – a city located in the south of Poland (Silesia region).
By impelenting the project, we want to:
- contribute to overcoming language barriers among the inhabitants of Rybnik and its surroundings
- contribute to increasing the openness of the inhabitants of Rybnik to new, foreign and unknown ones
- show that the EU funds will also reach local communities and not only large agglomerations
- provide an opportunity to meet and talk to representatives of other countries and cultures of our local community
- strengthen intercultural communication skills
- increase local participation in community and civic life, develop a sense of initiative
- create interesting offers of activities for the local community
We are looking for one VOLUNTEER AT MDK – Youth Center in RYBNIK
Hosting Organisation: Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury w Rybniku
Supporting Organisation: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Preferable start of activity: January 2023
Total duration: 245 + 2 travel days (around 8 months)
Vacancies: 1 volounteer
PROJECT ACTIVITIES at Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury (Youth Center)
- Participation in activities for children, usually in the afternoon, after their school
- Cooperation with teachers of singing, dancing, drawing, playing instruments classes
- participation in theater classes
- Assistance in the daily work of the youth center
- Organising events and workshops e.g. international evenings, cooking workshops etc.
- Promotional activities of the European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus Plus programmes (running presentations and workshops for youth)
- Halo Rybnik activities (volunteering at events organised by the city, photographing events, international days/events, tour guides and toursists’ service)
- Conducting classes and workshops in schools about the country of origin
– the real motivation for the experience
– age between 18-30 y.o.
– willingness to live and work in Rybnik
– interest in working with children and youth but also with seniors
– high interest in culture
– willingness to teach and learn foreign languages
– willingness to learn about Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture
– high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people
– initiative and creativity
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory
- 120 euro/month of pocket money
- 100 euro/month of food money
- living in a single room in a fully furnished shared flat (close to the hosting organisation, kitchen, bathroom, 3 rooms)
- monthly public transport ticket
- travel expenses from home to the hosting country (travel grant depending on the distance between countries)
- local mentor
- insurance (EHIC and CIGNA)
- Polish language course (online platform EU Academy)
How to apply?
Please prepare your CV and fill in the APPLICATION FORM_Rybnik_ESC in English and sent to Magdalena Franke, project coordinator.
e-mail adres: email@example.com
e-mail title: “Opportunities ahead in Rybnik MDK”
Before applying for this ESC position, you are obligated to enroll on the European Solidarity Corps Platform and send us in the email your PRN number.
Link to the offer on European Youth Portal: