Volunteering project in Poland, Silesia in frame of the project Empowering regions through volunteering 2: Volunteering – a power of solidarity is Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego proposition. We are looking for 1 young volunteer in age 18-30 to take part in the ESC volunteering project in Silesia region in Poland.
If interested, please fill the Application Form in English: Application-form_FRSP_2022 and send it with your CV to Natalia Germanek: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail title please write: “Volunteering – a power of solidarity 2“.
We are waiting for your candidature till 13/07/2022.
Before applying for this volunteering project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number! Volunteering project in Poland3
Host and Coordinating organization: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Duration: 3,5 months
Start: September 2022
End: January 2023
Location: Wola town (43-225), Silesian Region, southern Poland (near Tychy, Pszczyna and Katowice cities)
Placements: in total 1
I) Supporting the realized by FRSP projects
1) help in realized by FRSP projects, during the volunteer’s presence:
– technical and logistic help;
– supporting participants during the mobility;
– preparation and implementation some of the workshop sessions;
– preparation project documentation;
– help in promotion;
– help in recruitment processes
2) Office work
– help in document archiving;
– operation of scanner, photocopier and printer equipment in office;
– help in documents preperation according to project requirements;
– management of the Blog and social media, writing articles;
– editing photos and videos according to project requirements;
3. PR and promotion activities
– creating / updating a database of current volunteering projects, youth exchanges, aborad trainings, internship projects, volunteering / co-financing for own business in the area/ neighborhood for presentation;
– promoting available positions at our Volunteering projects or Youth Eaxhanges by available methods and channels;
– preparing databases;
– contacting partner organisations and interested in projects candidates;
– using a platforms of Erasmus+ and ESC Programms to promote project opportunities;
– using social media to promote project opportunities;
4. Possibility to learn how to write project application and apply for a grant
II) Promotion, development and dissemination entrepreneurial attitudes:
1) Sharing knowledge and skills in the field of entrepreneurship:
– preparation for the job interview – simulation of the interview / sample questions
– conducting CV writing workshops – promoting the CV version in Europass
– conducting motivational letters writing workshops
– conducting Visualize your future activities
– motivation and the art of achieving goals Workshops at the movie basis : “The Social Network” or “Jerry Maguire” – movie and lecture.
– conducting body language during the interview trainings
– conducting workshops on self-presentation and public speeches
– conducting negotiation and argumentation workshops
– conducting workshops on effective communication
2) Dissemination and promotion volunteering
– meetings with school youth,students and alumni as a way of acquiring work experience and improve their employability
– providing workshops, presentations, lectures and social campaigns;
– organizing special actions together with other volunteers connected with promotion volunteering and European values (special videos for Europe Day,presentations about volunteering in frame of ESC Programme etc.)
3) teaching English and your native language local inhabistants;
4) organizing own mini projects to entertain local inhabistants
(cultural presentations; cooking workshops, other kind ofr workshops depandind on volunteer’s skills)
II) Monitoring of District Labour Officies in Silesia region
The volunteers will make a calls, writing e-mails as well as visiting this regional officies and they are going to check the quality of service and th provided informations, if easy or not is to find/reach them and availability to potential customers. We think that Labor offices waiting for reform, because they are not able to counteract unemployment.During our monitorings we want to check why this situation looks this way and what can improve service in this institutions.
The purpose of these monitoring will be improvement of the services quality or foreigners searching a job in Silesia as well as promotion of the region as a friendly place to find an employment.
After each monitoring volunteers will prepare a report which will be sent to local media and published on the blog as well as we will send official letter to monitored Labour Office with tips of improvements.
III) Promotion of European Union and European Solidarity Corps Programmes:
1) Organisation of meetings with local youth where will be presented goals and principles of ESC Programme and encouraging youth to take part in projects realised by the ESC and Erasmus+ Programme, in particular in volunteering projects;
2) Promotion of the ESC and Erasmus+ Programme among the non-governmental organizations form the region,which are interested in hosting volunteers from abroad or in taking part in other propositions supported by the EU;
3) Promotion of common activities and programmes, supported by EU others than Erasmus+ and ESC Programmes;
4) The promotion of EU and one’s own country by organizing different workshops, conferences,exhibitions,meetings with youth etc;
IV) Supporting activities at our local partners
– cultural institutions;
– social servicies;
– local schools;
– local NGOs.
This support will be connected with the current needs of specific institutions. It can be:
– activities with kids or edlerly people;
– supporting organizing an events;
– technical and logistic help;
– office work;
* Each volunteer can be involved in all mentioned above activities or only in some of them, depanding on necessity and need of host organisation
** In case when face to face meetings are impossible to organize beacuse of COVID-19, implementation of those activities and tasks in an online way or in a video version.
We can offer:
– learning methods of work in non-governmental organisation;
– experience and interesting contacts;
– experience in organizing presentations, public speeches;
– learning and using innovative and creative methods in working with children and young people;
– acquire the ability to work in team, to carry out different activities in different environments, to communicate with different groups of people from different backgrounds and social groups;
– possibility of developing own ideas for the workshops and their independent implementation;
– knowledge of Silesia in the context of culture and customs, as well as knowledge about cultural differences and the ability to deal with them in everyday life;
– active and constructive participation in the social life of our local community;
– project management skills and time management;
– gain knowledge and skills in office work, even simple elements that will certainly be useful in the future (such as operating a multifunctional device, scanning documents, filing documents)
– get ideas for own future and review your current self-development plan;
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- We provide accommodation for each participant in a flat shared by two people of the same sex. The flat includes a kitchen, a bathroom and two rooms. The volunteer will have his/her own room. Everything needed can be found in each flat.
- An amount of food money is 100 EUR/1 month
- An amount of pocket money is 120 EUR / 1 month
1 young person in age 18-30 years old. The project participant should be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.
We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad.The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:
– Keen interest in the contents of the project;
– Real motivation for the experience;
– Willingness to live and work in a small town – the awareness that activities will take place in the countryside, not in a big city, so the specifics will also be different;
– readiness to work for a scheduled period of 11 months
– interest in working with children, youth and the elderly, because these are the target groups for which the FRSP organize various events or workshops;
– interest in the entrepreneurship activities implementation;
– openess to travel because, as part of activities at FRSP, volunteer will carry out activities also in our partner institutions locations in Silesia region;
– willingness to learn about Silesian and Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people – the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity – we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in culture and in NGOs is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form (Application-form_FRSP_2022) not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the European Solidarity Corps Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English, with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.