„Empowering regions through volunteering – A step to a career” is an ESC volunteering project of Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego in cooperation with Powiatowy Zespol Nr 4 Szkol Ekonomiczno-Gastronomicznych w Oswiecimiu.
We are looking for 2 voluteers – EU or partner countries citizens, aged 18-30 to take part in the volunteering project Technical College in Oświęcim city, Poland.
Before applying for this EVS project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform, under the link: ESC and specify your European Solidarity Corps code! It is an obligation in order to apply for volunteering projects.
Coordinating Organization: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Receiving organization: Powiatowy Zespol Nr 4 Szkol Ekonomiczno-Gastronomicznych w Oswiecimiu
Duration: 10 months (307 days)
Activity dates: 28/08/2020 -30/06/2020
Location: Oświęcim, southern Poland (near Kraków and Katowice)
Placements: 2 volunteers
Activities Cross-border education. Cross-border education. Cross-border education.
1. Improving and extending the linguistic skills of students. Linguistic preparation of young people for:
– foreign trips, for youth exchanges, training, guiding foreign groups around Lesser Poland,
– to work in international networks hotel
– developing language skills necessary for a travel agent, guide, tour guide, receptionist, concierge, etc.;(conversations, language tandems, role-playing)
2. Cultural activities:
– an introduction to the history, culture, and customs of countries the volunteers come from,
– culinary workshops;
– elements of cultural studies;
– organization of school events;
– support for fests and charity concerts organized in Oświecim;
– European days organized in the school
3. Activities in the field of preparation for entering the labor market:
– presentation of a typical visitor/tourist from a given country – simulations, generic scenes; presenting attractive forms of work, for example, a free time animator;
– preparation for foreign internships
– how to write a proper CV/cover letter; how to prepare for a job interview etc.
4. Leading the Euro clubs and the Volunteer Club.
– running workshops (on tolerance, interculturality, human rights, democracy, etc.);
– extra afterschool activities (language clubs, sports and dance activities, literary or artistic clubs);
– running an information point connected with the youth club where youngsters are going to discuss topics like attitude to European integration, socio-political situation in Europe; tolerance; education systems and opportunities for young people; young people problems etc.
5. Animation of the local community.
– a language club for seniors;
– language cafe;
– board games evenings;
– special events for local children and young people, for example: during winter breaks, cultural evenings,
6. Promotion of the Erasmus + Program: presentations, articles, blog etc.
7. Creating own initiatives, planning and organizing mini-projects / actions that can be implemented locally, based on the needs defined by the local community and the volunteer.
You may check the video of our previous volunteers
Recruitment process A step to a career
Young people aged 18-30 years old coming from any EU country ( we are open for all countries among European Union). The project participants will be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.
We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad. The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:
– keen interest in the contents of the project;
– the real motivation for the experience;
– willingness to live and work in an Oświęcim city – the awareness of the city-specific;
– interest in working with children and youth because these are the target groups of school wants to be active with youth in school / high school age;
– interest in the entrepreneurship, workshops/ pieces of training activities implementation;
– willingness to teach and learn foreign languages;
– willingness to learn about Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people;
– the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity;
– we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in school is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural, educational and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form: not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the European Solidarity Corps Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the receiving organization with help of coordinating organization will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.