Picture it – Build Your Future in Greece is another project coordinated by Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego together with the partner organization United Societies of Balkans (FB) invite you to take part in long-term volunteering project in one of the most beautiful parts of Greece. The mobility is organized by the Greek youth organization United Societies of Balkans which is looking for 2 volunteers.
Say YES to the lifetime experience and apply now!
The project is implemented under the European Solidarity Corps Programme, financed by the European Commission.
Before applying for this volunteering project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number (PRN)!
where? – Thessaloniki, Greece
How long will the project last? – 8 months (210 days)
Start date – September 2023
Number of vacancies – 1 Polish participant
Deadline for submitting applications: 23/08/2023
Coordinating and sending organization: Foundation for the Development of Entrepreneurial Society
Host organization: United Societies of Balkans
How to apply? Applications containing a CV and a cover letter in English should be sent by e-mail (email title: Picture it – Build Your Future in Greece) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is financed by the European Commission from the European Solidarity Corps Programme.
- The activities in which the volunteer will be involved are:
- Organisation and development of an e-radio (live or podcast);
- Organisation and development of a web-tv. Documentaries emphasised on
social issues and cultural activities in Thessaloniki are highly recommended;
- Organisation and development of „Balkan Beats”, an e-journal focused on youth and human rights;
- Management of the website of the project and its social networks;
- Organisation and participation in special events and meetings organised by
the project, especially during dates dedicated to EU or Human Rights;
- Workshops organised by USB. The three workshop on Media (mandatory) plus
the Creativity and Cultural Activities Coordination Workshops (optional)
- Deliver workshops for the other volunteers as well as for locals based on their skills and knowledge;
- Participation in some public events or festivals organized by the local authorities
or other organizations, such as the International Film Festival of Thessaloniki.
Feel free to check the project’s info-pack! 🙂
The selection of the participants is mostly based on their motivation and personal interest in the topics of the project. Our ideal volunteer candidate is an open minded person willing to learn, to improve her/himself and to help other people. It is important to be ready to work in a team and to share the daily life with people from different backgrounds. It is not necessary to have a previous technical knowledge of media. Although it is not required to have a high level of English, the volunteers need to have at least a basic knowledge of the language for their everyday communication with international and local people but also for their safety.
United Societies of Balkans (U.S.B.) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Thessaloniki, Greece, working in the field of youth mobility, participation and promoting youth awareness of social issues. It was founded in 2008 by the initiative of a group of active young people who wanted to address the social issues which affect the youngsters in the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
The goal of the organisation is the promotion of youth mobility, youth involvement
and participation, voluntarism and human rights.
What do we provide?
- Henner health insurance during your project;
- round-trip travel reimbursement (max. EUR 275);
- pocket money 150 EUR;
- three meals per day through a catering service;
- language course.
Information on currently ongoing recruitments can be found at https://volo.frsp.eu/enrollments/ .