Only for the participants with few opportunities!
Picture it – Plan Your Future is another project coordinated by Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczestwa Przedsiębiorczości . Together with the partner organization Pi Youth Association (PIYA) (FB) – we invite you to take part in short-term volunteering in one of the oldest cities of the Mediterranean world – Izmir. The mobility is organized by the Turkish youth organization Pi Youth Association which is looking for 3 volunteers.
Say YES to the lifetime experience and apply NOW!
The project is implemented under the European Solidarity Corps Programme, financed by the European Commission.
Before applying for this volunteering project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform ( https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en ) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number (PRN)!
where? – Izmir, Turkey
How long will the project last? – 2 months (59 days + 2 traveling days)
Start date – 1st of September, 2023
Number of vacancies – 3 Polish participant
Deadline for submitting applications: 01/08/2023
Coordinating and sending organization : Foundation for the Development of Entrepreneurial Society
Host organization : Pi Youth Association
How to apply? Applications containing a CV and a cover letter in English should be sent by e-mail (email title: Picture it – Plan Your Future) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is financed by the European Commission from the European Solidarity Corps Programme.
Our association’s activities are carried out in three different categories being in local, national, and international levels. Our local works are for the empowerment and support of the youth living in İzmir. Nearly 1,000,000 young people between the ages of 15-29 live in İzmir and the total population of the city is 4.5 million.
As Pi Youth Association, organizes trainings, workshops, and seminars for young people,
especially the disadvantaged ones, in 10 different parts(districts) of İzmir. Moreover, we try to provide opportunities for their personal development, healthy living skills, and inclusion in social life.
The volunteer can take part in 2 different fields (depends on his/her ability and willingness):
1- Organizing activities for the local youth; Volunteers will organize indoor/outdoor local
activities (Trainings, workshops, language conversation clubs etc.) depends on his/her abilities at our organisation office, municipalities’ youth centers and primary/high schools at the city center and rural areas of Izmir.
2-Taking part at the office team; The volunteer will support ESC/Erasmus+ departments of our office team. (Helping coordinate Erasmus+ and ESC programmes). Promoting Erasmus+ and ESC in local partners and youth centers.
Apart from the exemplary activities mentioned above, we are also open to new training ideas, new workshops, and other suggestions for local youth. You can also mention these suggestions in your application (in your motivation letter) if you wish. 😉
Responsibilities of volunteers:
- Carrying out the project duties as described in the project description.
- Writing blogs about their activities for our website.
- Organizing cultural events about his/her country in local municipalities and youth centers.
If you have those skills, you can also apply for this project as well.
- Taking professional video for our activities, and video edit for dissemination.
- Preparing a short movie or video to dissemination our local activities.
- Taking photos from our activities and prepare English bulletin for dissemination.
Profile of volunteer:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- Strong on communication skill
- Able to communicate in English.
- Tend to teamwork.
- Open to work with young people in different religions and cultures
- Responsible for completing the work properly and on time.
- Not requesting luxury requirements on the working area and accommodation (Cleanliness and safety are important for us)
- Creative and open-minded
- Experienced or interested / enthusiastic volunteers on youth work.
Pi Youth Association (PIYA) was established in 2014 to enable young people in Turkey to develop knowledge, skills, positive attitudes, and behaviours. PIYA implements the decisions of the European Union, the Council of Europe, and the United Nations in youth. We also maintain our activities by considering universal sensitivities, global principles, and principles in human rights, participation, and environmental issues.
Our working topics are:
1) Combating the Climate Crisis and Sustainability,
2) Youth Rights, Issues and Participation of Youth,
3) Healthy Life for Youth and Youth Workers,
4) Empowering Youth and Youth Workers,
5) Dissemination of Volunteering Awareness among Youth,
6) Capacity Building of Civil Society (only for youth organisations)
Pi Youth Association’s target group contains all individuals and youth workers between the ages of 15-30 living in Turkey. From the target group, women, refugees, and disabled people have priority. In addition to carrying out activities to support young’s personal development, PIYA also works on youth rights to solve the problems experienced by young people in our country.
Information on currently ongoing recruitments can be found at https://volo.frsp.eu/enrollments/ .