EVS in Silesia, Poland in frame of the project Youth, entrepreneurship and culture for rural development. Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego is looking for 1 young volunteer from Italy, in age 17-30 to take part in the EVS project in Silesia region in Poland.
If interested, please fill the Application Form in English: Application form_FRSP , and send it with your CV to Natalia Germanek: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail title please write: “Culture project in FRSP”.
We collect candidates till 31/01/2018.
Before applying for this EVS project you need to enroll yourself at European Solidarity Corps Platform (https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en) and specify your European Solidarity Corps Participant number! It is new obligation, for applying for EVS projects in EU Countries.
If you want to know more how our current project looks like you can follow the volunteers BLOG: EVS in WOLA or follow FB fanpage. You can also contact with our EVS volunteer Rita (email@example.com) from Italy, engaged in Entrepreneurship project or Natia (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Georgia who currently cooperate with GOK in Cultural project.
PROJECT – “CULTURE”
Receiving organization: Gminny Osrodek Kultury w Woli (Cultural Center)
Nationality of the volunteer: only ITALIAN
Coordinating Organization: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Duration: 8 months
Location: Wola village (43-225), Silesian Region, southern Poland (near Tychy, Pszczyna and Katowice cities)
Placements: in total 1
The volunteers’ tasks will include:
1. Activities aimed at children:
– leading music workshops, creative, developing imagination, manual skills, etc.,
– integrating,ice-breaking, energizer games with children,
– conducting ecological and natural science classes, such as:
Outdoor games: going through the “obstacle course”, looking for hidden “treasures” in the forest, building structures from materials found in the forest (elf village); visit to the turf. Incinct and observe species threatened with extinction (mainly birds);
– a summer camp and summer action during holidays: encouraging children and young people from Wola and the commune of Miedźna to spend their free time during active and outdoor holidays; preparing and conducting games and games for children and youth, conducting artistic and outdoor sports workshops, “DIY” with natural materials, dance, theater, painting and sculpting workshops, etc. Everything depands on your skills and willingnes.
– winter holidays: theater, creative and dance workshops; board games day; supporting carers during trips outside the area of a cultural center (eg a trip to the cinema);
– language classes, both English and native language of volunteer;
2. Activities for young people:
-Euroklubs : organization of workshops or competitions on various topics (European citizenship, multiculturalism and others);
– language classes, both English and native language of the volunteer;
– creating running a volunteering/ entrepreneurship point – an information desk where young people will be able to learn about the Erasmus + Program, the European Voluntary Service, but also other possibilities financed from EU funds (eg internships or trainings) as well as gain there the skills and knowlagde necessary to future work.
– photographic, dance and music workshops, etc.
-watching the movies with important topics for contemporary adolescent youth combined with a lecture and discussion after the screening.
3. Activities for seniors – elderly people
– a day of board games;
– language classes for seniors;
– IT activities for seniors;
– space / organization of meetings involving the exchange of skills between youth and seniors (something like the time bank) – activation of youth and seniors;
– help in organizing Christmas Eve or Easter for lonely, ill inhabitants of Wola and the surrounding area;
4. Help in organizing or authoring ideas for special events, cultural events
– special events in the library run by GOK, for example: for children in the evening with Anders, for young people Night with supernatural creatures (werewolves, strigoires, zombies in literature), for all residents of the Living Library
– help in organizing cultural events such as Harvest Festival, Folklore Festival, Review of Children’s and Youth Theaters, Silesian Evening, etc.
-Help to organize a meeting with Santa Claus or Saint Marcin for children during Christmas and looking for a bunny before Easter;
– Possibility to organize your own special event according to the original idea in order to enrich the offer of the Culture Center
5. Help in office work, e.g.
– archiving the archive;
– project management and documentation;
– updating the GOK website;
– visual documentation of projects and events: photography, film, music videos, etc.
6. Promotion of the Erasmus + Program
– information meetings about the Erasmus + and EVS program in the House of Culture and in schools, during special and cyclical events (eg harvest festival)
– presentation of your country and your project in schools during EVS promotional campaigns and at festivals in the region or on special cultural evenings;
We can offer:
– learning methods of work in cultural center
– experience and interesting contacts
– experience in organizing large cultural events
– learning and using innovative and creative methods in working with children and young people
– possibility of developing own ideas for the workshops and their independent implementation
– knowledge of Silesia in the context of culture and customs, as well as knowledge about cultural differences and the ability to deal with them in everyday life
– active and constructive participation in the social life of our local community
– project management skills and time
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
The coordinating and receiving organizations will provide accommodation for each participant in a flat shared by two people of the same sex. The flat includes a kitchen, a bathroom and two rooms. Everything needed can be found in each flat. Special needs of the participants will be taken into account. An amount of 100 EUR and a pocket money of 120 EUR will be given at the beginning of each month to each participant.
The volunteers will also benefit of a monthly local transportation pass each month.
1 young person in age 17-30 years old coming from Italy. The project participants will be active, flexible, motivated, creative and are interested in active participation and self-involvement.
We are open to any person who wants to put him\herself out there, who is ready to face new challenges and gain new skills, by leaving an unforgettable experience abroad.The profile of the volunteer shall have the following characteristics:
– Keen interest in the contents of the project;
– Real motivation for the experience;
– Willingness to live and work in a village – the awareness that activities will take place in the countryside, not in a big city, so the specifics will also be different;
– interest in working with children, youth and the elderly, because these are the target groups for which the Center of Culture and the FRSP organize various events or workshops;
– interest in the entrepreneurship activities implementation
– openess to travel because, as part of activities at FRSP, volunteer will carry out Labour Officies monitorings in Silesia region;
– willingness to learn about Silesian and Polish culture and traditions, but also readiness to share their culture;
– the high level of interpersonal communication, activities within the project focus on working with people – the volunteer must be open to contacts;
– initiative and creativity – we want to develop our offer, so any additional skills of volunteers will be welcome, creativity in work in culture and in NGOs is necessary;
– previous experience in various cultural and social activities will be welcome but not obligatory.
The selection process will be based on three fundamental criteria: a good application form not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the Erasmus + Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae (better if in the Europass format) in English, with a photograph.
After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation will contact the candidates through skype interview. Later, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.