„The education that moves us” to wspólny projekt Fundacji Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego i hiszpańskiej organizacji Colectivo CALA. Poszukujemy wolontariuszy na zaakceptowany już projekt EVS w Alburquerque.
Zgłoszenia zawierające CV oraz list motywacyjny w języku angielskim prosimy przesyłać na adres email@example.com. W tytule wiadomości prosimy wpisywać: „The education that moves us”
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 30/11/2018
Miejsce: Alburquerque, Hiszpania
Organizacja wysyłająca: Fundacja Rozwoju Społeczeństwa Przedsiębiorczego
Organizacja koordynująca i przyjmująca: Colectivo CALA
Daty aktywności: 19/12/2018 – 17/10/2019
Ilość wolontariuszy: 1
The volunteer’s profile our organization is looking for is based on the following criteria:
• Personal motivations. We value the volunteers’ involvement in a transforming educational project. We value the volunteers’ interest in education in general, and in Education for Development in particular.
• Spanish survival level. Enough Spanish to get by in everyday needs. The project is located in a rural area where people don’t generally speak foreign languages.
• Interest in working with people. Working with people is essential to our work. We also value creative and enterprising, self-motivated people.
• Contact with associations in the country of origin. Taking active part in social movements, preferably with similar objectives and topics to ours. People who want to do their bit to advance towards a more democratic, non-violent, fair
• Being able to adapt to the time needed to carry out the activities.
• Being motivated about Spanish culture, getting to know our project and being aware that they are going to live in a rural area.
Role and responsibilities of the volunteers:
1) Before travelling:
1. We recommend the volunteers to get to know our organization by visiting our website and social networks.
2. Do some internet search on Extremadura and Alburquerque.
2) Carrying out the tasks and work derived from the shared planning with the tutor seriously and responsibly.
3) The volunteer should not carry out routine tasks or tasks of high responsibility which are normally done by a person on the payroll.
4) Their responsibility and autonomy in the project will gradually increase with time and experience.
5) Volunteers will be able to take part in the activities, make suggestions and negotiate changes to accommodate the activities to their expectations. Activities to be carried out by volunteers.
Activity A: Workshops on Education for Development.
Volunteers will choose a line of workshop of Education for Development (ED), led by an educator from our association, who will offer guidance, support, training and monitoring to the volunteer in that line of work. The choice of line of work will be subject to the interests, abilities and training of the volunteer.
The volunteers will be “job shadowing” at first, gaining protagonism as time goes by, deciding which role they want to take.
Once the period is over, the volunteers will be encouraged to write an article for our webpage sharing their personal experience and learnings in their line of work.
Workline 1: Workshops in ED and media for youth and immigrants “OBJETIV@”
Workshops with different groups- theory and practice-, making videos, using audiovisuals as a tool for social change. Target groups; youth, women and immigrant associations.
Workline 2: Conflict management and mediation with children and youngsters.
We are carring out training and supporting activities to primary and secondary schools with the aim to improve their life at school in a framework of Peace Culture.
Activity B: Aprendemprende (Learnundertake) Radio, sensitization on the air.
It’s a space for sensitization on the local radio of Alburquerque, 10 minutes max., that volunteers will create.
The aim is for the volunteers to spread their learnings from their experiences. They will make 7 spots, one a month (more or less), to be broadcast several times with a deep thought, a positive, transforming message of a reality we want to change.
Activity C: Weblog EVS 2.0
The aim is to share their EVS experience and their learnings using a blog site.Actividad D: EVS, The Movie.
The aim is to share their EVS experience, and encourage youth to have the EVS experience. International partners commit to promote it. Support activities in Hostel and Nature Centre “Tierra ReVerde” Our association runs a Hostel and Nature Centre in the middle of the countryside. Here, we do activities where volunteers can take part if they think it relevant to their training. All the members of the association do some physical work here – cleaning, kitchen work, gardening, maintenance… Volunteers will devote part of their working time and/or a weekend a month to these tasks.
Training and skills certificates. The project tutor will evaluate and record the skills acquired in the Youthpass.
a) The work will be done from Monday to Friday, and, exceptionally, weekend workshops. Volunteers will have two days off a week.
b) Usual timetable will be in the morning and afternoon/early evening, never exceeding 35 hours a week. Every Monday or Friday morning there will be a monitoring session with the tutor.
c) Christmas holidays will be facilitated.
d) The accommodation will be a rented flat, furnished and fully equipped, in Alburquerque. There will be a monthly allowance for sustenance of 135€.
e) Pocket money: 105 €/month
f) We have two reservations for training courses in the Popular University and Music School, in case our volunteers are interested in taking them in their free time.